Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Weight Training Secrets Only Injury Can Teac


Over the years excruciatingly painful and frustrating injury has taught me a serious lesson…what movements are more prone to cause injury. This next section is
information that you just don’t find in your neighbourhood gym!
You don’t read about it very often in magazines. Preventing injury articles just don’t sell
supplements or fancy spandex workout leotards with superman emblems on them!
Once you sustain a career threatening injury it is too late! Even if you just slightly injure
yourself or degrade a knee joint or a shoulder, these painful nagging problems just
plainly make working out not that enjoyable for you! So I really feel it for you if it is too
late and hopefully I can prevent a nasty injury somewhere for someone with this section.
If you can avoid even one potential injury the price of this book will seem like peanuts! If
you feel this way don’t holdback your feelings of joy…you can always send me a few
more bucks!
Here is a list of movements to avoid and what to replace them with. These replacement
movements have been well thought out to ensure that you don’t lose any benefits from a
vanity point of view! Muscle growth is equal or better and without the guarantee of
injury!
Replace Barbell Movements With Dumbbell Exercises
The fixed grip positions of barbell movements tend to place unnecessary stress on the
shoulder, elbow and wrist joints. Dumbbells allow freedom for your unique body
mechanics and also require muscle stimulating balancing as they are not fixed to one
plane of motion.

Perform Movements Which You Are Handling Very Heavy Weights Last In Your Body Part Workout.
Performing movements which you have achieved great strength last in your workout will
increase your strength and minimize the chance of injury. By pre- exhausting the muscle
with exercises you are weaker in you can focus on your weak movements and at the
same time pre - exhaust your stronger movements thus eliminating the need to use
heavy injury risking weights.
An example of this would be when I was strength training in the early nineties I achieved
a squat with four hundred and ninety five pounds for five good repetitions. At this point,
as progress was slow, I stopped doing squats first in my leg workout but instead did my
stiff leg dead lifts first.
The pre – exhaustion I achieved training my hamstrings first would make it impossible to
squat nearly five hundred pounds! Now squatting four hundred and five pounds was very
difficult for six repetitions!
I shocked my hamstrings hard this way because I trained them while fresh at the
beginning of my workout. More stress was placed on my quadriceps using less weight
because my quadriceps had to help my fatigued hamstrings finish each grueling
repetition! Using the lighter squatting weight also minimized the chances of injuring my
knees or lower back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share